Sunday, March 22, 2009
I also cant seem to rotate the bottom photo!!! Anyway - knitting these socks of an evening kept me calm as my house was filled with plasterdust and workmen. I cast the second sock off straight after the plasterers had finished. Great timing LOL
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Next week is dedicated to cleaning up - the plaster dust gets everywhere (groan)
PS I am really a very happy bunny now that my house is back together again and I am looking at wallpaper and colour charts over the weekend - whooppee
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
This is called 'Leo the Lion' and is 100g Falkland top
And this one is called 'Just Peachey' and is 100g Corriedale. I love the way that Babylonglegs uses such intense, saturated colours - no pastels with this lady!!!
And below is my current spinning. It is 100% Alpaca in 'Blue Moon' from the lovely Spindlefrog. I have just over 100g and have so far spun about 55g of it. It will be laceweight when I have plied it, I think.
I am using a 45g bottom whorl spindle and the scrunchie is to keep my cop of spun yarn neat when I stop spinning for the day. It also stops me from making a long thin cop as my spindle seems to spin better and faster with slow, wide cop. I suppose it isnt a 'proper' spinning tool but it works for me and looks pretty too : )
Friday, March 13, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
The plasterers were delayed by a week so I thought I would strip the remaining paper off the walls to make it easier when we decorate after the plasterers have been. Unfortunately, as I pulled some wallpaper off, the plaster came with it. Not just little bits, but whole chunks. I stopped what I was doing and went into the lounge to tell DH. I heard an almighty CRASH and a whole square meter of plaster fell off in the hall.
I quickly called the plasterer who came over and did that sucking noise thingy between his teeth. The whole lot had to come off in the hall, stairs, landing and lounge.
Three days and a skip full of plaster later, this is what we had left on our walls:
And below is a photo of the Killer RSJ we uncovered. The whole of our bedroom wall and most of the loft is bearing on this RSJ and it was only balanced on half a brick!!! The steel bar you can see is a wallplate that DH has now put in to secure the wall. We wouldnt have know of this dangerous RSJ if the plasterers hadnt been late and I hadnt started removeing wallpaper.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
Then I followed the advice of a very sensible friend who told me....If All Else Fails - make a cup of tea, find a comfy corner to hide in for a while, and cast on a new sock with yarn which makes you happy.
20 rows and one cup of tea later, calm has been restored!!
Aren't friends great : )