Saturday, December 8, 2007

Avoiding Burn Out

First - the knitting: Slouch Socks by Sue Morgan of GK knitted in an Opal sock yarn thingy who's ball band I cant find LOL. Then the real reason for posting:

I have decided, reluctantly, to stop blogging until the new year. FIL is still in hospital and likely to be there for a while. On Monday MIL goes into hospital as well for treatment and further tests. Unfortunately they are 2 different hospitals 12 miles apart!!! In the interests of everyones sanity DH and I are cutting out anything we can time-wise, so the blogging has to go. They only have DH and I. MIL is an only child and FIL is the last of his line so its us or no-one. Its so sad when age and illness creeps up on people and they have so little family for support. I am sure many of you have been there, or are there now.
I hope you all have a Joyful Christmas-time and wish you a peaceful and happy new year : )

3 comments:

daisie said...

Wishing you and your family all the best for the coming weeks, and some peace and happy moments along the way.
d
x

Anonymous said...

All the best wishes for you and your family. I hope your inlaws will be okay. It's a nightmare when they're in different hospitals. Happened to my grandparents last winter/spring. Not easy. HOpe it all goes well.

Anonymous said...

I hope your Christmas wasn't too stressful, and that you managed to get some relaxation for yourself. Illness takes a real toll on family members as well as the patients, so it's important for you and DH to take care of yourselves too.

I've tagged you for a knitting meme if you're up to blogging again, but please don't feel you're under any pressure to do it.