Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fibre Achievements This Week:

FO's: I finished my 'worm socks' and they are now hugging my cold toes. I even had to put the heating on this evening for the first time this Autumn.


WIP's: I immediately cast on the next pair for me. Its the Regia Kaffe Fassett mirage again - but this time in the Earth colourway. I am making the rib longer to keep my ankles warm. I discovered that my 'non-biological' Tesco Colours washing power has enzymes in it and I think that might be why last years socks have now disintegrated.


Spinning: The Alpaca fibre spinning is going well. I have been spinning 1o minutes a day for 8 days now (I missed a couple of days) and have spun up 25g. There is 100g in total and I have split it in half and will ply the 2 halves together when I have finished.



Buying: And last - but not least - a custom dye job from Babylonglegs. I had a yen for some green fibre and this is what she came up with. 100g of BFL. Scrummy!!!!!



3 comments:

BabyLongLegs said...

Yum indeed!
You very nearly didn't get it you know ;)

Have fun with it :)

Love
S xXx

Julie Spriddle said...

I just love the blue of that alpaca, it's so pretty!

Cinders said...

I love the colour of your worm socks and the roving. gorgoeus. I've just bought a drop spindle at Andys and am busy trying to work it out