Thursday, July 8, 2010

Another Grandchild!! (and socks)

DD2 - the one who got married last month - has announced that she is also expecting a new arrival. The baby is due at the beginning of February so my knitting needles will be smoking : )

I have already gone into the loft to liberate the remains of my Phildar Luxe stash, and have cast on for a matinee jacket. Excited - moi??? LOL

DD1 has 2/3 weeks to go before her due date, so its very exciting here at the moment.

And the knitting - I finished another pair of socks for me. Knitting socks is so soothing and comforting, just the project for times of stress. The yarn is Regia Kaffe Fassett sock yarn in the Easter colourway.

I'm still feeling bad, but learning to live with it.

2 comments:

steel breeze said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! I can't comment on PTSD but I have had panic attacks in the past (even fainted on a train once). I have to keep telling myself it's just my mind playing tricks, and even minds can be poorly from time to time, it's just not as obvious a thing as 'flu!

The stressor in my life at that time has since passed so I am ok now. I have learnt to spot my own warning signs when things get out of hand (mine is more like SAD). Hoping you feel better soon! Remember, you have nothing to fear but fear itself! Take care of yourself and keep knitting! Hope to see you soon! :)

Laurie said...

Glad you are feeling better and, yes, knitting definitely helps!

Congratulations on the new arrival - I'm going to be a first-time stepgranny, due the last week in January. Planning the knitting projects already. :-)