Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Skips, Surprises & A Swop

Skips:

'What is a scruffy looking piece of wood doing on my Blog?' I hear you ask. Well, this isn't just a scruffy bit of wood, this is 1 of 3 scruffy bits of wood which DH liberated from a skip last night.....

And these 3 scruffy bits of wood happen to be seasoned 70 year old Mahogany. After all the layers of paint have been removed we have a large amount of 1 1/2" thick fantastic wood to make more Sublime Spindles and Nostepinnes from. Hows that for reclaimed wood??? Move over Steptoe & Son, DH is on the case.

Surprises:

On Monday DH emerged from his workshop and plonked this down on my desk.




DH isn't given to many words so I had to go after him to ask for more details. It is a special niddy-noddy for me made in the last of his original bit of English Antique Oak reclaimed from his Uncle's barn. A unique niddy-noddy which I will treasure : )



A Swop:

And last but not least - a wonderful swop with Babylonglegs. I saw her fantastic handspun called Peru at Woolfest. She has donated it as a prize for the Mirasol raffle which the Alpacabuyer is organising . I loved it so much she has spun a similar skein for me. It is in 2 skeins called Peru II and is 3 ply BFL 250 metres long. She is having a Sublime Spindle in return which DH is making on Friday.






2 comments:

BabyLongLegs said...

Ooh.....there it is, in all its glory!!!
Glad you like it, and thankyou for Olivia's spindle :)

HUGS
Love
Sarah xXx

scarlettina said...

My husband is a 'skip monkey' too. We even had a fully working tumble drier once. He has yet to find any yarn though :-)