Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I've Been Quilting

And this is what I produced:

Tempest in a Teacup
It is 60' x 80' and is destined for my sons bed. It is a modified storm at sea pattern which I designed myself. The central panel is not original, but the borders panels are.
I also made some more hexagon blocks for my Grandmothers Flower Garden Quilt. Only 5 more blocks to go and I have finished the hexagon bit : )

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Very nice! I really like the hexagons, but the quilt for your son is also lovely.

I've never really tried quilting properly, I made a little doll's quilt as a kid when I first learned to sew. But recently I saw so many pretty fabrics in the quilting section of a big fabric store and thought mmm....might have to try that someday soon. I'm not quite sure where to start, though....and I know I won't do it right away.