Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Tension to Detail

This week life has been really busy. I have had an energy surge -I don't know why, and have done lots of the 'detail' things I have been meaning to do for ages. Below there is an example of this. A tension square - but not just a tension square:


It is one of 6 tension squares I have done: 2 in DK on size 3.75mm and 4mm needles. 2 in 4Ply on 3.25mm and 3mm needles and 2 in Peaches & Cream aran weight cotton on 4.5mm and 5mm needles.
This will hopefully give me a starting point for my knitting calculations, on straight needles anyway. I have weird tension as I am left handed and prone to meditate on the meaning of life etc instead of concentrating whilst knitting - the glove with a neatly turned heel in it is a prime example of that LOL, so this, at least, will solve the tension problem.....the meditating is another matter : )
More about Peaches & Cream later.............

No comments: