The plasterers were delayed by a week so I thought I would strip the remaining paper off the walls to make it easier when we decorate after the plasterers have been. Unfortunately, as I pulled some wallpaper off, the plaster came with it. Not just little bits, but whole chunks. I stopped what I was doing and went into the lounge to tell DH. I heard an almighty CRASH and a whole square meter of plaster fell off in the hall.
I quickly called the plasterer who came over and did that sucking noise thingy between his teeth. The whole lot had to come off in the hall, stairs, landing and lounge.
Three days and a skip full of plaster later, this is what we had left on our walls:
And below is a photo of the Killer RSJ we uncovered. The whole of our bedroom wall and most of the loft is bearing on this RSJ and it was only balanced on half a brick!!! The steel bar you can see is a wallplate that DH has now put in to secure the wall. We wouldnt have know of this dangerous RSJ if the plasterers hadnt been late and I hadnt started removeing wallpaper.