Friday, March 13, 2009

In Praise of Daleks : )


I knitted these squishy Daleks for my son last year. The pattern is called Extermiknit but doesnt seems to be available any longer on the web : (


I used a yarn called Drops Cotton Viscose from Scandinavian Knitting Designs. They have a UK shop, and the yarn had a lovely metallic sheen - just right for Daleks.


I did a Spinning workshop last Wednesday night at Coventry Knitwits and it was great fun. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. I introduced a few people to Spindle spinning - including a senior gentleman who is a regular at the pub where we meet : ) The group meets up every Wednesday night at 7pm-9pm for general knattering, knitting, crochet and sometimes a bit of patchwork or spinning too and there is a workshop each month as well.

No comments: