Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spinning, Socks & Summer's end

I have started some more socks for me. I just couldn't face another pair of giant socks for DH, so its my turn. They will be basic ankle socks, nothing fancy as the yarn is so beautiful I think a pattern would spoil it. The yarn is Regia Hand-dye Effect from Get Knitted in colourway 6556.



I have also spun my first bobbin on my Elizabeth. It is really exciting to have got so far and now I am looking forward to doing my second bobbin and attempting plying. I have a blister on my 1st finger and thumb where I have been holding the yarn too tightly when drafting. I am gradually learning to let go a bit LOL and a friend is giving me a one-on-one lesson tonight which I am looking forward to : )
Autumn seems to have definitely arrived, so I leave you with a photo of the last of my Dahlias and a view of the Cherry tree at the bottom of my garden in all its Autumn splendour.









1 comment:

Yarnspider said...

Love the yarn knitting into such pretty socks.