Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I Miss having a Lawn



This photo was taken in May while we were on holiday in Scotland. The apparently dead body on the lawn is me !!! The first thing I did when we arrived at our holiday cottage is take off my shoe and socks and lie out on the grass. DH is smiling in a tolerant sort of way, but I'm not sure he understands.
I need to feel in touch with nature. We have no grass in our garden. Chickens - yes, workshop - yes, decking - yes.........but no grass!! As a child I loved going barefoot in the fields, but since moving to our present house we have no fields, no grass, no trees. I go to the Cemetery at the back of our house for tree-hugging activities and squirrel spotting etc, but its just not the same as having a lawn to give my toes the tickling they crave.

1 comment:

Probably Jane said...

I have just torn up a concrete patio and have grass again - it is lovely!

Thanks for commenting on my blog - well spotted on the doll front - it is in fact a Teeny Tiny Tears but I didn't include anything for scale - she could have been 6 feet tall for all you'd know from the photo!