Monday, December 22, 2008

One step forward, One step back - and Cake!!!

On Thursday I felt as though I was returning to the land of the living and managed to finish sewing up this jumper for my 14 year old DS. He chose the yarn and described what he wanted. I got out the graph paper and duly obliged. I hope it has turned out just the way he wants :


On Friday it was my 40++ ish birthday and DH made me a chocolate sponge cake and decorated it himself with iced knitting. It looked and tasted wonderful !!!


On Saturday I was back in hospital but the second lot of antibiotics seem to be doing the trick and I can breathe properly - and without pain- for the first time in 2 weeks. I think I am going to survive - I have already booked my b & b at Woolfest so I had better get well LOL
Merry (insert appropriate felicitations depending on your personal belief system here) XXXXX

4 comments:

Modelwidow said...

What a brilliant cake, clever DH.
Glad you are feeling a bit better, and happy Christmas.

steel breeze said...

Oooh, wheer aer you staying? I'm a Woolfest virgin and I want to change that this year!! :) Glad to hear you are on the mend!

Julie Spriddle said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes and I'm glad to hear you're on the mend :)

The jumper looks like it turned out well, so hopefully your DS will be properly appreciative.

Have a good Christmas!

Yarnspider said...

So pleased to hear that you are feeling better - finally. Just take it easy! Happy New Year.