Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fabric Stashing - again

Sorry for the delay, life got in the way of me posting this LOL. These are the fabrics I bought at the Malvern Quilt show last week. They are all Oakshott fabrics

All of the above fabrics are 1 metre lengths.


These are packs of fat eighths.
I enjoy using plain and marbled fabrics to highlight the patterned ones, but these are uniquely different. They are woven using mercerised cotton which gives them a sheen like silk. The weft is a different shade to the warp which then appears as a two-toned material. This gives life and depth to the fabric instead of the 'flat' look of true plain cottons. The new range shown here had its debut last week and is called 'Gemstones' and they truly have the shine of opals or jet.
I am going to enjoy using them, along with the free patterns I was given. I have favourited their website so I can order some more online if I 'need' too.
My only other purchase was the new quilting book by Pam & Nicky Linnot called Layer Cake, Jelly Roll & Charm Quilts. The authors were signing the books on their stall so I was able to get a signed copy. I have several jelly rolls already so I am looking forward to using them in the Summer : )

No comments: