Friday, May 15, 2009

Malvern Quilt Show part 1

Yesterday DH and I went to the Malvern Quilt Show. It was a fabulous day out, the weather was good too, and I thought I would show you a few of the quilts that took my eye. First up is this wonderful quilt which was foundation pieced and aplliqued. I love the colours on this one and the attention to detail was phenominal.

I love this quilt because it is interesting and pretty without being fussy. All the elements here were foundation pieced with no painting or other non-sewing tricks used. Just plain old hard work and excellent piecing skills.
Finally for today is this one. The colours spoke to me, the hand quilting was even and elegant and the piecing of the blocks was perfect.

Not that I envy their skill you understand ; )
More tomorrow when blogger is behaving a bit better.

No comments: