Thursday, March 25, 2010

Still Here

Hello everyone and thank for all the good wishes : )

I had my scan again yesterday and my 8mm kidney stone seem well and truly stuck in my ureter. My right kidney is still swollen and inflamed so it seems that an operation is the next step. I just hope they get round to doing it soon, before I end up in hospital again with another infection!!! The doctor who discharged me seemed to think that at least 1 more emergency hospital admission with a raging infection is inevitable before I get the stone removed: (

What on earth are they waiting for????? As I understand it, passing an 8mm stone naturally is virtually impossible and I am only little.

I went to Kenilworth Knit n Knatter today and had a lovely time. It was so good to be out the house and amongst people again. I came hope and slept for a while but mentally feel a lot brighter. I had severe bruises on both my arms where I had so many blood tests and a line in for 5 days. The bruising has healed now so I can knit comfortably again : )

The hardest part (apart from the pain) was nil by mouth for 4 days - my lips are still sore and my mouth feels funny. Any medical people out there with any suggestions? My sense of taste has gone weird and everything tastes bitter.

More baby knitting photos soon!!

No comments: