Monday, May 10, 2010

Dyeing n Stuff

First: Some knitting. This is my latest attempt at a Forest Canopy Shawl. My first try was more of a thicket and wouldn't fit an wood nymph!! This one is being knitted on 5mm circular needles using Regia Hand-dyed effect sock yarn. So far, so good but I hate the yarn : ( It is plied with a black thread and I just don't like the result. When I get it finished I will be looking for a new home for it and making myself one in yarn I like.

Now for the dyeing: Below is a photo of my front room completely obscured by 3 x 7 metre pieces of cotton lawn which I have dyed with Dylon Machine dyes. They are to make DH 3 pair of pyjamas. Shop pyjamas leave him with a cold back and ankles cos he is so flipping tall - so I have offered to make him some custom fit ones. The red in the middle is much more burgundy but my camera is sulking and wont play properly.
Finally, I went to see the Urologist today and they are going to operate in the next few weeks. I am happy that it will soon be over, but terrified of the anaesthetic as, years ago I saw a documentary where someone was awake during their operation but unable to move or speak. I hope I wont cry and make a complete idiot of myself : (


Stasher said...

Have you spoken about your fear to the specialist? I know that you will be in very good hands. Just focus on that healthy and well you. You have many good things to dwell on especially the the arrival of your grand child.

Good on you for getting to grip with comfy pygamas. If you cannot be comfortable in bed, its a pity.

Yarnspider said...

I love the colours of the cotton they look fantastic.

Don't panic sweety, I'm sure all will be fine at the hospital and you won't need all the love & best wishes I'm sending your way.

Laurie said...

Ah...I had that same fear of waking during surgery. I'd read a magazine article about it. When the time came that I was going to have surgery, I was very up front with the surgeon and the anesthesiologist about my fear, and they were very kind in reassuring me. I remember the anesthesiologist talking to me for the longest time, telling me everything he would be using and how it would work. Wonderful man. Silly fear, too, as I'm one of those people for whom "may cause drowsiness" translates into "you will be unconscious for the next 8-12 hours". It took them forever to get me to wake up after the surgery! :-)

Hope your surgery is a success. And I love the shawl - such beautiful yarn!