Thursday, May 27, 2010

Shawls and Weddings

I have finished my Forest Canopy Shawl using 5mm circular needles and Regia Hand-dyed Effect yarn. I did 12 repeats and 12 rows of edging and it still only just ended up the right size. My youngest daughter is getting married in 2 weeks and her dress is Ice Blue with blue embroidery, so I am hoping she will like this shawl to keep her warm during the evening reception. If she pops over during the bank holiday I will show it to her and see what she thinks : )In a fit of optimism I bought this pattern by Sharon Miller. It is 25 pages of charts and instructions!!! I think I may be practising my lace for a while longer before I make this one LOL

PS Click on the photo's for bigness.




2 comments:

Stasher said...

Both picture and the real thing show that you are well on the way on your lace journey. I can forsee some fantastic lace.

Laurie said...

Wow...just really, really...WOW!!!